FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
- Where is the Company headquartered?
The address and telephone number of our corporate office are:
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated
26901 Malibu Hills Road
Calabasas Hills, CA 91301
Tel: (818) 871-3000
- When was the Company founded?
Our operations originated in 1972 as a producer and distributor of high-quality cheesecakes and other baked desserts. Our first restaurant opened in Beverly Hills, California in 1978 with the initial intention of promoting the sale of cheesecakes and other baked desserts to other foodservice operators, retailers and distributors.
- When did the Company go public?
In February 1992, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated was incorporated in Delaware to succeed the restaurant and bakery businesses of its predecessors operating under The Cheesecake Factory mark. Our initial public offering of common stock was completed in September 1992.
- What was the IPO (Initial Public Offering) price?
The initial public offering price of the Company’s common stock was $2.63 adjusted for five three-for-two stock splits.
- When were the Company’s additional public offerings of common stock?
Follow-on public offerings of common stock were completed in January 1994 and November 1997.
- When were the Company’s stock splits?
March 1994: Three-for-Two
April 1998: Three-for-Two
June 2000: Three-for-Two
June 2001: Three-for-Two
December 2004: Three-for-Two
- Does the Company offer franchises?
We are selectively reviewing opportunities to license our brand to highly experienced, well-established companies for expansion into international markets.
We currently have three licensing agreements in place for the Middle East, Latin America and Asia.
The Middle East agreement provides for the development of restaurants in the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Lebanon with the opportunity to expand the agreement to include other markets in the Middle East and North Africa, Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and Turkey.
The Latin America agreement provides for the development of restaurants throughout Mexico and Chile with the potential to expand the agreement to Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Peru.
The Asia agreement provides for the development of restaurants in the Chinese Mainland and Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan, with the opportunity to expand to Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.
As of the beginning of 2018, 20 The Cheesecake Factory branded restaurants are operated under licensing agreements in the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Lebanon, Mexico, the Chinese Mainland and Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong.
Please direct all inquiries regarding international development to Globaldevelopment@thecheesecakefactory.com. All inquiries must be made in writing.
- When does the Company’s fiscal year end?
For financial reporting purposes, our fiscal year ends on the Tuesday closest to December 31st. Our Fiscal 2017 ended on January 2, 2018. Fiscal 2018 will end on January 1, 2019.
- Does the Company pay cash dividends on its stock?
On July 24, 2012, we announced that our Board of Directors approved the initiation of a cash dividend to our shareholders. All dividends are subject to Board approval. Please see the Dividends page in the Stock Information section for details.
- Does the Company provide a direct stock purchase plan (DSSP)?
The Cheesecake Factory does not have a direct stock purchase plan available at this time.
- How can I purchase the Company’s stock?
Interested investors should consult a registered stockbroker.
- Who do I contact regarding stock certificate matters?
Stockholders of record should contact our transfer agent regarding a change of address, lost stock certificates and other related matters.
Computershare Shareholder Services
P.O. Box 30170
College Station, TX 77845
Tel: (800) 962-4284
- Who are the Company’s independent auditors?
Los Angeles, California
- What are the Company’s SIC (Standard Industrial Classification), NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) and CUSIP (Committee on Uniform Security Identification Procedures) numbers?
The SIC code is 5812, the NAICS code is 722110 and the CUSIP number is 163072.
- How can I obtain copies of the Company’s financial information?
- When is the Company’s next annual meeting of stockholders?
The 2017 Annual Meeting of Stockholders will be held on May 31, 2018.